A common problem among people is the ability to follow through on concepts and idea. This can range from business ideas, such as implementing a form of productive inventory control, to work in college, or to simple household tasks. Procrastination seems to plague the majority of people in some way, shape or form. Here isÂ a list of ‘anti-procrastination’ quotes that will get you thinking about doing that thing you’ve been putting off.
- “To think too long about doing a thing often becomes it’s undoing.” — Eva Young. How true is that? How many times have you thought so much about doing something only to end up not following through?
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right” — Nepoleon Hill. You know what they say, there’s no time like the present.
- “A year from now you may wish you’d started already” — Stephen King. Imagine you had started working on that project you’ve been thinking about a year ago. Imagine where you would be now.
- “How soon ‘not now’ becomes never.” — Martin Luther. Often when you put something off for so long, it ends up not happening at all.
- “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” — Dale Carnegie. Often when we procrastinate we opt in to doing trivial tasks in place of difficult or important ones. Maybe if we spent less time on these easy tasks, the difficult ones would get completed.
- “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they started.” — David Allen. It’s true that a lot of stress is self-inflicted. The longer we put something off, the more stressful it becomes for everybody involved.
- “It is not really work if you are having fun.” — Pierre Omidyar. Try to enjoy work experiences, nothing makes time fly like when you’re having fun. If you can learn to enjoy the work you’re doing or the new thing you’re learning, it won’t feel like work at all.
- “Great acts are made up of small deeds” — Lao Tzu. Break up your work into small steps. This makes things a lot more achievable and makes really large tasks a lot less daunting.
- “Nothing is less productive than to make more efficient what should not be done at all.” — Peter Drucker. Get out of bad habits of doing trivial tasks in an attempt to avoid the difficult ones. Nothing good comes of this.
- “If you want to make an easy job seem might hard, just keep putting off doing it.” —Olin Miller. When you put something off for a long time, it appears harder and harder the longer you put it off. Get it out of the way early and you’ll have nothing to be worrying about.
We hope you’re feeling adequately inspired to get out there and look into improving your business. Remember, there’s no day like today. If you’re considering implementing productive inventory control and planning, why not get going on it as soon as possible.