Procrastination is probably the biggest challenge that most people face in relation to getting something done. Everybody experiences procrastination in varying degrees and at different point in their life. The ironic thing about procrastination is that it actually makes the work that we have to do even harder.
We have put together some more anti-procrastination quotes to inspire all you business owners to get up and realize: There’s no time like the present.
- “Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task” — William James. It’s true that putting something off really makes that task all the more daunting.
- “Procrastination is opportunity’s assassin” — Victor Kiam. How many opportunities have you missed due to procrastination?
- “Procrastination usually results in sorrowful regret. Today’s duties put off until tomorrow give us a double burden to bear; the best way to them is in their proper time.” — Ida Scott Taylor. Most people can empathize with that one.
- “Follow-Through is the only thing that separates dreamers from people that accomplish great things” — Gene Hayden. A particularly insightful quote. It sounds over simplistic but you’d be surprised what you can do with a little follow-through.
- “Often greater risk is involved in postponement than in making a wrong decision” —Harry A. Hopf. It’s always better to have tried and failed than to look back with regret and think “what if?”
- “Getting an idea should be like sitting on a pin; it should make you jump up and do something” — L. Simpson. If this was the case, productivity would be consistently at an all time high.
- “Procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried” — Author Unknown.
- “Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing! — Donald Gardner. Procrastinators lack the drive to follow through; all it takes is the first step to get things moving.
- “Begin while others are procrastinating. Work while others are wishing.” — William Arthur Ward. If you want to get ahead of the competition, follow this advice.
- “Delaying gratification is a process of scheduling the pain and pleasure of life in such a way as to enhance the pleasure by meeting and experiencing the pain first and getting it over with. It is the only decent way to live.” —Scott Peck. Anyone who has ever done the difficult thing first and then had time for pleasure knows just how true this quote really is.
Hopefully with these quotes we have inspired you to get up and go do that thing you’ve been putting off. If that thing happens to be implementing an inventory management and control system such as QuickBooks inventory app then get out there and do it. From these quotes we learn just how dangerous procrastination is. Business is hard enough as it is, there’s no need to create additional difficulties.