Everyone wants to use his or her office time more effectively, and you probably want that, too. Here are a couple of proven methods that help you do just that. Use them to manage multiple tasks better and meet deadlines.
- Set goals every morning as a simple to do list.
- Prioritize your goals by importance and by urgency.
- Set personal deadlines before the actual deadlines to motivate yourself to work harder and achieve more.
- Break down large tasks into smaller ones and, when necessary, ask your team members to help you with them.
- Avoid chatty coworkers, TV, and the temptations of the Internet.
- Work on one task at a time and stay focused on it.
- Use time tracking software to track your time, and then check reports to find out what activities are time sinks.
- Set reminders on your smartphone and tablet to make sure you don’t forget to attend meetings or perform important tasks.
- Schedule your social media time and use a tool like HootSuite to manage all your social networks in one place.
- Use mobile apps when you’re away from your computer to increase your productivity on the go.
- Create templates for the forms you use often.
- Create positive work habits by focusing on the important tasks and relegating routine tasks to non-peak hours.
- Use Evernote to take notes and collect images and articles, store ideas, and sync them across devices.
- Reward yourself for completing challenging tasks.
- Use Basecamp or other project management suite that makes collaborative work easier.
- Use a cloud-based inventory management app.
Use the methods above daily and you won’t just save time, but boost your productivity as well.