There is no end to the number of different sales and inventory software for small business that are available on the market. For that reason, the different software varies in quality. When purchasing the software, you want to know for sure that it can cater to your specific business needs, as sales and inventory control can have a huge impact on your business. To help you make the right decision, we have compiled a list of what the best sales and inventory software for small businesses have in common.
- 1. User Interface — The user interface is a key component of the software. Business owners/employees will not want to use the software if it doesn’t have an intuitive and easy-to-use user interface. This almost goes without saying.
- 2. Customizable — A small business owner needs to be able to customize the software to deal with the specific needs of their business. This includes being able to make custom reports based on data contained within the software.
- 3. Financial Support — The best sales and inventory software is capable of calculating costs of products vs. how much profit can be made based on the current stock. Being able to handle product and stock orders is an additional benefit.
- 4. Help & Support — Just like with any software you use, it is going to take a certain amount of time to learn the intricacies of the software and deal with problems you encounter. For this reason, ease of learning and help & support are key features of the best software out there.
- 5. Additional Features — This includes all additional features that don’t fall into the other categories, such as being able to add notes, photos and graphs/tables. Another very useful additional feature is being able to assign permissions to certain areas of the software. This ensures that only the people with the authority to access those areas can make changes.
If you want to find out more about some of the top rated sales and inventory software and their characteristics, take a look at this review.